In the fall of 2019, Dayton agreed to become HDI’s exclusive team analytics partner within the Atlantic-10 conference for the 2019-2020 season, and HDI provided them with full-service team analytics throughout the year.
Coming off a 2018-19 season in which they amassed a 21-12 overall record, finished 3rd in the A-10, and earned a berth in the NIT, the Flyers were looking to break through in 2019-20 with their first NCAA Tournament appearance in three years.
By any measure, 2019-20 was the best season in Dayton Basketball history, and one of the great college basketball regular seasons of all time:
• A 29-2 overall record, the best record in school history.
• Ranked #3 in the country the final AP poll, Coaches poll, and NET rankings.
• Ended the season on an active 20 game winning streak, the longest win streak in the country.
• Won the A-10 regular season title with a perfect 18-0 league record--the first team to do so in 14 years.
• Projected as a likely #1 seed for the 2020 NCAA Tournament.
• Obi Toppin named National Player of the Year.
• Anthony Grant named National Coach of the Year.
• 2nd-best offense in the country according to KenPom, the best offensive rating ever for Dayton.
• Led the country in effective field goal percentage.
Best Record in School History